SMMART READING: Charades
This could make for some serious SPELLING WORDS practice fun!
- Write several words on notecards that you would like your child to practice reading. (You can use words that are all "at" words, "it" words, or "in" words...)
- Place the notecards face down on the table or floor.
- Take turns choosing a card and acting out the word. For example, if I chose the word "hat", I could pat my head and pretend to put a baseball cap on my head.
- If you guess the word, you get to keep the card.
- If you also SPELL the word when you guess correctly, you get a little piece of candy (skittle or m&m) dropped right onto your tongue!
- The person who has the most cards by the time all of the words are chosen...is the winner!