Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Saturday, February 13, 2010
Kids love...stickers! They love to peel them and stick them on anything they can! Well, this game incentivizes reading with permission to put stickers all over themselves.
- Write several words onto address labels (you can fit one or two words per label and cut them to size). You may wish to write as many "at", "an", "it"...words as you can think of so you are working in word groups.
- Turn all of the little stickers over so you cannot see the word.
- The first player rolls a dice. This player gets to choose a turned over word and attempt to read the word.
- If he guesses the word gets to STICK the word onto himself! Then he gets to choose another word. This player's turn ends when he does not read a word correctly or he has read the number of words that the dice rolled. For example, if he rolled a five and has successfully read all five words he chose, then it's the next player's turn.
- When the words are all gone, the person most covered in words is the winner!
- Write several words on notecards that you would like your child to practice reading. (You can use words that are all "at" words, "it" words, or "in" words...)
- Place the notecards face down on the table or floor.
- Take turns choosing a card and acting out the word. For example, if I chose the word "hat", I could pat my head and pretend to put a baseball cap on my head.
- If you guess the word, you get to keep the card.
- If you also SPELL the word when you guess correctly, you get a little piece of candy (skittle or m&m) dropped right onto your tongue!
- The person who has the most cards by the time all of the words are chosen...is the winner!
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Sunday, February 7, 2010
http://freekidsmusic.com/ (click on the "[Filed under...]" link on the main page or in the sidebar by the little orange fish "Artists A-B")
http://www.mamalisa.com/?t=eh (click on a country to see traditional regional songs, some have MP3 downloads)