Monday, August 31, 2009


SMMART SCIENCE: Sun and Moon Light

Explain the sun-moon relationship to your child. The sun gives off light and lights the earth during the day. The moon dimly lights the earth at night because it does not give off its own light. The moon reflects the sun’s light.

Demonstrate this principle with your child by having your child hold the sun (flashlight) and shining the light into a hand mirror. Explain that the mirror is like the moon and doesn’t give off its own light, but reflects the sun’s light.
.
Lisa

2 comments:

The Notetaker said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I bought a Canon Rebel XTi. I love it! As for Photoshop, I have Elements 7.0 also. I recommend checking out some photography blogs for tips. {check out my post about photoshop for some resources}. I just kind of jumped in, taking notes from others along the way. I'm still barely scratching the surface.

Taranani said...

Great idea... What kid doesn't love playing with flashlights?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails